A brewer Game !

Hello Guild Ballers!


It has been a while since I wrote a new blogpost.

It has also been a while since I played some guild ball and enjoyed myself to the fullest...

The reason behind that is the team I play.  The engineers...

I can't get them to work for me and last week I played 4 games with them.  I only had the idea I was getting somewhere in one game (against Farmers).  I did end up losing, hey, if you don't roll a 3 with a bonus timed roll of 3 dice to do 2 dmg and kill Thresher you deserve the payback he brings right?

I am going to play the engineers till the end of S4.  I'm stubborn like that...  So don't expect much feedback on here as I tend to go straight to bed after the games and had a shift in my job where I was robbed of free time (the time I used to post stuff Guild Ball related... ) I'm more invested in my other hobby with my free time now and that is beekeeping!  So see me come back here when the beekeepers guild comes out and I'm all psyched about them!

After S4, in abscence of any beekeeper guild, I might revert back into Brewers or go to Butchers. (Butchers was the guild I wanted to play S4, but I let a member of the club play with them untill he had his own and then they got stolen...  He bought me new ones, but they're still getting a paint job, so that's how I got to engineers, but I told you guys this already didn't I?)

The Game tonight!


Anyhow,  fate has brought me back to a game of brewers this evening.

I randomly got assigned a brewer list comprising of following players:

Captain: Esters
Mascot: Scum
Squadies: Mash, Friday, Stoker, Pint-Pot

I could've done worse, right?

They'll be facing a Honour list with marbles, brick, tower, harmony and avarisse and greede.

Gameplan...

I feel like I need a gameplan.  It's been a while since I played Brewers and only looked at Ester once I think (on the table that is)  So knowing she enables heroic plays I'm going to need to claim the center of the board with her.  Scum and Friday are a good pair, Mash is there to keep the ball on for a bit and my damage will come from pintpot and stoker.

I'm kind of hoping to use concussion on Honour with PintPot robbing some cool plays from my opponent.  But if it doesn't happen, well... No harm done hey?

The general Idea around Esters is to put Friday where the 'non bruisers' are from the other team; Erm, but who's that?  We pair her up with Scum, on the other side we'll put PintPot and Stoker and behind Esters Mash will hold the ball and protect her from incoming badness...

We'll take it from there and come back to expand on this plan if I have time...

See you in a bit, or after I got my teeth kicked in.  Wichever happens ...


Bob Out... (for now)

Bob is back!

The Report


Not in depth, but still a look at what went wrong losing 5 - 12...

First mistake, but not a big one was launching Stoker into Tower and not being able to kill him straight away.

Stoker after 2 activations left Tower standing... - The Cat engaging Marbles and Brick to prevent countercharges






Honour, coming to punish Stoker, Friday setting up for a ball-steal.























.


Second mistake was putting Esters in the fray to try and retreat with my other players.  Losing Esters made my team vulnerable and less efficient.













Esters coming back in after being killed.  Masons having fun in a scrum. Friday and Scum waiting for the signal to score (and never getting that signal)
We did play 7 rounds before we reached the end, so it was a slow grind.  I was able to steal the ball, but couldn't score since Masons would've been able to counter with 4VP and I was behind.  I needed to turn the scrum around, and I couldn't.

In hindsight I might choose to receive with this team so the other team has to come into me without having the ball to play with.  Put Friday on one side with Scum to retreive the kick-off.  Prepare the scrum on the other side.

Next couple of games

Next couple of games I have decided to play random teams.  A roll of the dice will pick my team and also the team composition.  Next game is Falconers vs ???

See you then!

Bob Out.













Comments

  1. Nice Battle Report. Playing random teams, cool Idea. Of course I would need more teams, lol. Currently I have Brewers and Masons from the Kick Off set, and the complete Farmers (both the new boxed sets).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment