Game 4 - Brewers VS Engineers – tournament rules in effect for Take a Breather lad




Game 4


Hello Guild Ballers,
It has been a while since I've looked at the forums or played a game or painted even...  But today I managed to get a quick game in...

Brewers again, back to the original opponent;  the engineers.
It has been a while since Tom played but we’re going to a tournament in Antwerpen so wanted to practice some games.
I used the same line-up as in my previous games against engineers, but swapped Mash for Friday:
Tapper – Scum – Hooper – Spigot – Friday – Stave
Tom’s  line-up:
Ballista – Mainspring – Velocity – Salvo – Colossus - Ratchet
– Again I failed to take notes.  

Kickoff:

 I was able to choose and wanted to be on the receiving end of the ball.  Velocity was appointed kicker.   All Engineers were lined up close to eachother, Velocity going to the right side of the board.
The ball was kicked and it bounced to the middle of the pitch.

Turn 1

Spigot sprints up to get the ball and passes it to Tapper who dodges 4’’ forwards, no momentum left.
Colossus sprints forwards and takes a position in the centre of the board. 
Stave loves this and barrels behind colossus pushing him into the brewer reach.
Ballista comes up to shoot Stave, but his job was done so I didn’t care to much.
Tapper comes in and gives out some punichment to colossus.  If I had known this would have happened I would have loaded up more influence on tapper.
Ratchet comes up and shoots at Tapper. Tapper gets knocked down and the ball flies towards Spigot who can snap it to him.
Hooper comes up to take Colossus to 2 life and stands Tapper up with 2 momentum.
Salvo shoots Spigot with a Floored bolt, but has to do it twice since the first time is a miss. The ball is loose.
Friday runs up to recover the ball and dirty knives Velocity, then kicks the ball back to tapper.
Mainspring walks up and does nothing of notice.
Scum uses the shadowlike and her jog to finish off Colossus 2VP for me, and Spigot gets to stand up.
Velocity runs up middle field to follow the ball and ends up in rough ground with nimble up, she also gets rid of the dirty knives – poison condition.

Turn 2


Engineers win the initiative.
Velocity puts Nimble up but doesn’t really do anything else.
I’m struggling to find a model I can barrel into my lineup next and decide to land a barrel with stave behind Velocity, hoping she’ll get KD.  Allas that doesn’t happen.  Ballista does get knoced back and down, Ratchet remains on his feet.
Engineers do a good job of shooting my damage dealers hooper and tapper to keep them at bay.
Spigot and Friday team up and go to the left side of the field hoping to set up for a goal next turn.

Turn 3


The engineers have initiative again.
Velocity runs back towards the ball.
Tapper and hooper move up to the left hoping to trap Ballista and take him out.
Ballista sees it and shoots tapper back.
Salvo shoots the ball from Friday who gets knocked down.  It snaps to Spigot,
Who gets knocked down by Ratchet. The engineers are lucky and Salvo gets the ball, but has already activated, so can’t do anything with it.  I have one momentum and use it to stand Friday up, she hits Salvo and dirty knives him, lowering his DEF.  Hits him again for a momentous Tackle and passes the ball to hooper, away form Velocity. All with the help of Scum who got dragged into melee range of Ratchet by Friday’s trait.
Scum then hurries back towards tapper to get the influence through tactical advice.
Spigot uses the knocked down Salvo to clean the spikes under his shoes with.
All the while the big colossus is moaning off the field screaming for more icy spunges.
The engineers are to afraid to use the little bomb-tactic that mainspring brings to the table, 2 VP in an 8 VP game is just to much in their eyes.

Turn 4


Again the engineers have the initiative.
Velocity goes back to the middle of the field following the ball.
Stave uses the 0 momentum on the engineers side to lob a barrel in the midst of them.  Ballista flies one way, KD Velocity another and Ratchet another.
Giving up his movement Ratchet is able to Blast Earth where Stave, Hooper and Scum are.
Tapper goes in and KD’s Ballista.
Ballista stands shoots a Flurry on Stave hitting hooper with the pulse but then misses a Deadbolt on Tapper.
Hooper passes back to Friday and dodges towards Ballista, sprinting up just within range to engage Ballista. To bad I only gave him two influence.
Scum dodges out of the rough ground and shuffles towards tapper for influence reasons.
Friday runs towards cover and Spigot stands up.
Colossus runs up field to stop Friday if she comes towards the goal.
Ratchet and Salvo shoot but fail to get the ball lose, Spigot is pushed back somewhat because of the shooting.

Turn 5


Finally I gain the initiative.
Tapper Loaded up with influence announces the attack for 1 influence. – Ballista uses the plot card ‘don’t touch the hair’.  Since I haven’t moved yet I choose the aura as result and then announce a charge on ballista who thought he was ‘safe’  Tapper charges in engaging Ratchet (in case some influence is left) but stays out of his 1” melee.  We wrap and the first result chosen is a double push to drag Ballista back into melee range of Hooper the wrap is for a KD.  All the rest, also using The heroic Old Jake’s kills Ballista.
At this point the engineers throw their hands in the air and forfeit the game.
They saw Salvo and mainspring threatened by Spigot and Friday (Salvo with 2 life left) within the barrel lob range of Stave (who would’ve put up his heroic for 2 damage after the barrel lob)

A victory for the brewers!

Where I improved my game:

I knew I had to jobs here, keep the ball away from Velocity and if possible from Colossus AND keep disrupting their momentum generation by using the barrel lob near Ballista to push him away from his teammembers.

What I need to remember :

If I have the momentum I need to put up the heroic play of Stave.  2 DMG can help here and there.
I haven’t used Bonus Time in any of my games.  Why ?  I think I don’t have enough MP to do so.

 



Thoughts about my line-up:

I used Friday over Mash today and I must say she fits the team better.  She’s the better striker of the two, no question about thet left in my mind.  Mash will see play to prevent alchimists from stealing Barrel Lob.  But that’s the only clear swap I see ATM.

Overall idea of the game:

Third time playing Tom I new what was coming.  He did say he wouldn’t use mainspring in advance so my team being all close together didn’t suffer from that blast and pretty much walked over the engineers being the better damage dealers.
I hope Tom enjoyed the game but I doubt it.  I kept Ballista away from everything ‘cool’ going on with Stave and kept the ball away from Velocity. 
Sorry Tom.  If I have to give you some advice…  Don’t put your big guy out in the open like you did.  Sure he has ARM 2, but he’ll get hurt anyway!


See you next time Guild Ballers!

Comments