Game 22 - a demo to drag new players in.

Game 22 a demo game.


I offered to play a demogame with an employee of the WEC who was looking to start playing guild ball.  Lieve took me up on the offer and as she had an interest in playing brewers I gave my Tapper in loan together with Friday and Hooper.
I played veteran Rage with Fangtooth and Hemlocke.

As she had no experience with miniature games I felt like I was overloading her with information.  I gave most of the explanation beforehand and as soon as we started playing it all started making sence.  Thus I added bits and bobs as we progressed.  Once she had taken out Fangtooth and missed a goal with Friday I stepped up my game just a bit to avoid her starting to think this game was easy...  I killed Friday and struggled to keep the ball for a bit but in the end managed to score a goal to win the game.
Lieve told me she loved the game so far and was sure to play more games in the future.  I also asked if the explanation I gave was 'satisfactory' and a third party (who already played some games and was watching us play) confirmed that it was, and added he even learnt some new things.  But most importantly she enjoyed the game.  We had a few drinks and laughs after and parted ways living happily ever after.

I must admit, first time fielding Fangtooth I had Gluttenous Mass wrong.  I corrected my mistake on the next encounter with both parties (Lieve and the silent witness to our games) To elaborate on my mistake: I figured after a charge from Tapper where he wrapped he could trigger his Commanding Aura and choose a damage result with the wrap to trigger GM.  I now know the entire play is negated and I begged for forgiveness. (Well I admitted to my mistake)  First she hoped this would disqualify me, but after I pointed out the mistake was in her favour we pretended it never happened.

Nothing more to add here.
I enjoyed giving the demo, Lieve was fun to play against and will be a mighty fine asset to the comunity, or so I believe.

Bob Out.

Comments