Some more painting: Hemlocke, Decimate, Blackheart and Veteran Rage

Hello Guild Ballers!

Today's post will show you some pictures of my (still uninproved and thus poor) painting skills.

I had a tournament on saturday the 18th and since I was afraid of Smoke as captain of the Alchemist Guild, I wanted the option to put Hemlocke in my tournament 8. She didn't end up in my line-up since all she brings is Smelling salts, possibly a blind here and there and a sup-par playbook.
Against Midas she'd bring an extra influence if I take Stave out, but I don't think I'll take him out against Smoke.  Yes; def  2 is asking for 'hit me hit me' but drawing Smoke closer to my beaters might work, unless my opponent knows what he's doing and jumps into conditions AOE's everey end of activation.  But I'll make a different post about picking my line-up. So don't let my musings here keep you away from the pictures: here they are!

Hemlocke :





As you can see I'm not the greatest of artists and my basing is sup-par... There is room for improvement, lots of room...  And the eyes!  I hate doing eyes!  Do them, redo them, redo them again untill I've had it.  Best to do then is just leave it as is.  Al in all I'm pleased and in the end it's my opinion that counts as I'm the one putting them on the table. 

Veteran Rage:
As my second Union model for this post I 'finished' Veteran Rage.  I am fully aware that there are better painters out there than me but again;  I'm happy to field him as is.  So have a look and judge for yourself.  (I would have loved to put a Blackheart head on the floor near the axe, but can't be asked to buy a second one.  And as far as using the one I have ... I might want to field Blackheart myself and putting on a different head wouldn't feel right to me.)





Blackheart:

Here's the original captain for the union: Blackheart. I did him in 3 hours time I think, assembling and all. Right after I started working on this post.  I recon talking about fielding Blackhaert or chopping his head of to use as an ornament for rage sparked me into painting him up (maybe out of fear I would actually use the head on v. Rages base.)






Decimate:
And as a last model I tried to do something with Decimate.  Not high standard and sloppy work here and there, but it'll have to do.  I do like how the feathers turned out.  But have a look for yourself!







Sorry for the quality of the last picture.  But it was just to give you an Idea of the base.

So that's it for today.  As you can see I've used the same colour for all my union models and haven't matched them to any guild.  I do have an extra Minx, Decimate and Snakeskin (bought them off Oli James Curant) he painted them up to add them to the masons.  Wish I could paint like he does... *sigh*  Dream big they say!  Aim high!  So hopefully I will improve from what you see now to ...


That is all folks!
See you on the pitch some day!

Comments