Meet Sake, a brewer Captain

Hello guild ballers!

Today I made another effort to create a New player, one I would love to play! Let me know what you guys think!

Sake - Brewer Captain
Melee 1"
HP 14

MOV: 6/8
TAC: 5
KICK: 2/6
DEF: 3
ARM: 2
INF: 4/6

1st Row:  < - <> - 1 DMG - M >>
2nd Row: M KD - M KD> - GB - M 2DMG+KD 

Character plays:
Where'd they go 1/GB: S
This model may make a 4" dodge.  This Character play may only be used once per turn.

Weak Point: GB P
Target enemy model suffers -1 ARM

Character Traits:
Drunken Master:
Whenever an enemy model lands a net hit on [Sake], this model may make a [3"] dodge directly towards and into base contact with the attacking enemy model and make a counter-attack on that model if able.  This trait can only be used once per enemey model. No KD results may be chosen as a playbook result.

Sturdy:
Once per turn this model may ignore the first Knocked-down condition placed upon it.

Escaping Fate:
Once per turn when this model is reduced to [0] HP before suffering the taken-out condition, this model may recover [1] HP, remove all conditions and make a [4"] Dodge.

Hard to pin down:
This model gets +[2] DEF when targeted by a character play. 

Heroic Play:
And Stay down!: 4" Aura
Enemy models suffering the KD condition need to spend an extra Momentum to remove the KD Condition.

Legendary Play:
Drinks on me!:
Friendly models within 8" may make a 4" dodge towards this model.

Fluff:
'Let me tell you about Sake' said Greyscales to Tower.  'I walked into a bar once and there he was sitting at the counter.  He was drinking from a flask on his hip.  The innkeeper kept a close eye on him whilst rubbing a dirty cloth on the same glass over and over.  I asked a fella' setting next to the door where I stood: "what's with him? Why is the innkeeper keeping a close eye on him?"  The man looked up from his beer and smiled: "It's your lucky day!" he said "That guy overthere is buying rounds everytime he pours from his hipflask!  He came in here and asked if the inn sold Sake.  Well, it doesn't, sir.  So the guy came to an agreement with the innkeeper.  He is buying all the customers a beer everytime he pours from his flask into his cup."  I didn't react to that, so the man shrugged and added: "Have you seen the size of the cup?"  It was only then I noticed the cup was only a wee little saucer.  Sake was sitting on the stool like a rag doll and as I was looking at the saucer.  At that moment he was feeling his hip for another pour.  The innkeeper sucked in all the air and from the top of his loungs announced: 'another round!'.  Cheering filled the room, but I noticed Sake was getting of his stool as his hipflask apeared to be empty.  The innkeeper called out to him and said: "Hey!  You can't leave yet!  You haven't payed for this round yet!" The innkeeper was closing in on the little man very fast and put his hand on the door preventing the little man from leaving.  I was stood right next to them at that point.  I can say I never saw a man swag and swirl more whilst walking than Sake did then.  He looked up from the doorknob to the hand.  Followed the arm and tried to focus on the face of the innkeeper.  "Essxcluusss me *Hic* yoursss han' isss on ze doorsss"  said Sake to the innkeeper whilst pointing to the hand.  "You ain't leavin'!  Pay the last round!" You could see the veins in the innkeepers neck!  The pulse of his heartbeat could be counted just by looking at those veins.  But the little man just took his hipflask in response, turned it upside down and said: "SSS empty!  No Pour sss no roundss"  And then it happend!' Tower got a slap on the back as greyscales smiled in memory.  'Never have I seen anything like that!  The innkeeper removed his hand from the door, but only to grab the little man.  And I swear I thought he had almost grabbed his shirt! I swear I saw the fingers close, ready to touch the fabric and grab hold!  But instead I had to duck out of the way as the innkeeper came flying at my head.  He landed crashing into a table, knocked over a ton of beers. - the little man had poured many a drink in his saucer and not all customers were able to keep up - This in turn heated up some drunk customers who wanted revenge for the spilled golden liquor.  Before I knew it I was part of a barfight before I even had a drink.  But the little man Sake?  He didn't take part, or so it seemed.  He dodged every barstool and every cup or glass flying at him.  Floored every man who got close to him by stepping into them.  If they tried to get up before he was clear to move on he stomped on them keeping them down.  There were not many, since his only goal was to get the door open.  But opening the door seemed like more challenging to him than dodging all attacks.  I swear he was trying to slide the door open sideways at first!'
Tower looked eager to hear more, but Greyscales shrugged and said: 'I got hit by a barstool and woke up with the physicians... That's all I know.'

That's it!
See you next time!!
Bob out.

Comments