Painting up a new team: Morticians - Dirge

Hello Guild Ballers!

This is my third piece for the morticians team! Dirge the bird! The Yellow went  on the claws and beak...  Hope you like it.

I went for a light grey wash on the post, darkened up the metal plating.  Added some metal look to the chain.  Gave the skull some dark eyes and a white coat.
Glued the bird on after going for a yellow morticians sign.

The bird at that point got a light grey coat on the underside and a slightly darker tint on the top side.  I went a lighter towards the head.  Gave the claws and beak the yellow.  After that I briefly touched the outer edges of the wings with some black.  Touched the top with some leadbelcher (GW Color) and came back in with a wash over the entire model.

Here's the result:


I still have to come back in and do the base.  But I have no idea as of yet how I'm going to do that.  So hang in there!

See you soon!

Updated Pictures:






Comments