Game 35: A "no lube" introduction to Tapper

Game 35: A "no lube" introduction to Tapper


Hello Guild Ballers!

My oath to never underestimate my opponents again is stil valid.
So I might have gone a bit hard on Zoë, I apologize…  In my defense it was my 4th Little League game so I had to play for the win!

Zoë is one of the hardworking  staffmembers of the venue where most of my games are played : The WEC.

She only played some 3 vs 3 games and hoped to play some 6 vs 6 games (or at least one) before playing me.  Unfortunatly, her back ache decided otherwise - She had to cancel 2 games prior to mine.

Zoë has a morticians team, painted up by herself, and I must admit she has more talent than me in the painting area. (This isn’t a compliment really since I have no skill at all, but still her models were beautifully painted – at least the ones that had paint on them :-p )  -  you'll spot the metal unpainted ones in the pictures below. - Nice to add is that she magnetized the arm for Ghast.


Line-ups:

Zoë fielded Obulus – Dirge – Silence – Ghast – Graves – Cosset.

I brought Tapper – Scum – Friday – Spigot – Hooper - Rage

I won the roll-off with a 2! And preferred to receive the ball. 

Turn 1:


Graves kicks off and shoots the ball somewhere in the middle.
I decide to leave the ball unatended, to see if Zoë has the urge to come get it with Graves giving me an easy target to kill.
 *I tool up Friday with Spigot. And walk him a bit forwards
She doesn't have the urge...
*Ghast activates and sprints towards the middle near the obstruction on my right flank.

*  Hooper decides to go get the ball and passes it to Tapper, who receives it and dodges 4" forwards-ish. staying out of range of Obulus his puppet master.  He also puts his own +1 ARM on.
* Cosset comes up on my left flank.
* I activate Tapper, try to pass to Scum, but fail to do so.  The ball scatters but Scum still gets it.  I walk up to the obstruction Ghast is behind and pay 2 for a swing on Ghast.  Momentus KD.
* Graves activates, walks into Tapper and swings for a total of 3 damage.
* Rage walks up so he can charge Graves next turn.
* Dirge shows it can fly.
* Friday activates, goes within range of Cosset, calls the cat a bit closer so it's within Range of Spigot. And tries to hit Cosset with Dirty Knives (twice) but misses . (both times)
* Silence activates, throws his fluids on Tapper. Who is set on fire.
* The cat activates, passes the ball towards Friday, succeeds. She then runs of to support her catpain for next turn.
* Obulus goes and Does nothing of the things I'm afraid he'll do.


Turn 2:

I win the initiative. 
I see a goal coming, but am in no rush since no other player than cosset can reach Friday. Who's got enough influence to Tackle back, push, sprint and shoot (if needed with the beer)
* Although Tapper is loaded up I decide to go in with Rage first.  He puts the hurt into Graves.
* Graves activates and swings on Rage (-1 for Tapper) Rage takes 4 DMG total.
* Tapper activates puts CA up and presses the delete button on Graves in 3 swings.  Then he buys old Jakes and swings at Ghast (for 2 INF) to get that nasty Fear of the man. 2-0
* Cosset goes for a Free Charge on Friday, who defensive stances and counterattacks. - No hits go in -  Friday swings back, hoping for a push (2 hits) but only gets 1 for 1 DMG on Cosset.  Cosset buys 2 more attacks on Friday,  the last one using her Crazy trait.  The Dice fail and on both attacks only one net hit lands for 2 DMG in total.
* Hooper comes in to finish Ghast. KD'd targets with true grit up is awesome. 4-0
*Silence activates throws fire on Hooper and Rage. and positions himself to intercept Friday.
* Spigot walks up to assist Friday when she goes.
* Obulus goes, makes Rage hit Hooper and goes for the KD. (Thank God he didn't pop his legendary)
* Friday goes, shadowlikes away from Cosset and charges into Silence.  All we need is a push, but we wrap!  Silence takes the push and 1 DMG. We take the shot on goal with the beer and a bonustime.  It's a screamer!!  We dodge the hell out of there and hide behind the barrier: 8-0 -




The goalkick is resolved and Silence snaps the ball on him.


* Dirge Flies towards Friday with 2 INF.  I explain Zoë that with 2 TAC -1 Dice through Cover and 1 ARM on Friday will never result in a net hit.  And offer to do let her do something else. Friday is near a barrier so no LOS means no charge either.   Zoë is hard on herself and puts the bird down near Friday anyway.
*Scum shuffles towards Tapper to be within 4" for next initiative roll.


Turn 3:


 Again I win the initiative roll - why did I take home crowd again?

 *Rage goes first again.  He tools up Friday (who is waiting for the ball to move to go and get it) and Charges into Obulus triggering the UM. (away from Tapper darnit)
* Cosset activates and tries to hurt Spigot.  But is too afraid to use Crazy.  Spigot takes a minor bit of damage of his HP.
* Friday shadowlikes towards Silence and charges him, a wrap !  We tackle the ball and push him away. Then we shoot the ball inbetween Tapper and Scum, it scatters onto Tapper who snaps. (why did I tool her up? - should have been Tapper who got that!)
*Dirge charges into Friday and puts Singled Out on her.  (Here I ask why she didn't activate Obulus to make Tapper pass towards him....  But Zoë is really harsh on herself and says NO, I can't replay everything I do wrong!)
* Tapper wants to score, but measuring shows he can't get there (2 hairs off) - Lucky Obulus! So we activate Hooper instead (who is blocking a Charge from Tapper into the bird.) - Hooper true grits himself out of KD and Fire and charges into the bird. I land a whopping 2 hits for 2 DMG.  Another Attack goes in and this time I get 2 hits of a normal attack, go figure.  4 DMG on the bird doesn't kill it...
*Ghast sprints up the field after taking only 1 Icy spounge. (Graves is still resting a bit)
*Tapper, now that Hooper is out of the way, wants to get rid of the ball.  Unsnapping it is not an option, it's to far out to snap it to Scum.  So I pass to Scum. After that I put up CA and then he charges into the Bird (note that I am not aware the bird is on 1 HP at that time. - I have nobody near me to give the Old Jake's influence, so I opt to kill the bird off the charge - I don't use Old Jake's.  (Can't have all my MP stolen, Obulus didn't use his legendary yet)
* Silence goes, throws his Fluids on my dynamic duo and hits Friday twice using the Singled out.




* Spigot walks around Cosset.  And buys an attack on her, with 3 Net hits (the dice gods love him) KD!.
* Obulus hits Rage Knocks him Down and puts some pain into him.
* Scum is good where she is.


Again I win the initiative, Graves comes back on.


Turn 4:
* Tapper  activates and kills Silence - Game over 12-0


  

Overall thoughts about the game:

I'm sad to call this 'the league game'.  Writing this up made me realise I should not let this game count as a league game.  I'm going to ask Zoë if she wants to consider this a practice game and hold off on sending the results in to the administration.  She clearly has need for more games to understand the alternating activations and the player interactions.
Me playing as if it was for the league was downright wrong.  Zoë being hard on herself makes me feel even more like a perfect A-hole.  She's a very nice person and I doubt she'll learn the game or learn her team if everybody plays her like I did now.  Repentance always comes too late.

(added after: I offered Zoë to not send in the report and play another game for the league.  But you know her by now... She refused)

Thoughts about my line-up:


What's there to say?  I was hoping to use Rage as a means to tie up Graves or even Obulus or to show Cosset how a free charge is done.  But he never got tied up.  The rest of the brewers did what the brewers do.  Nothing mutch to ad.

Only thing I can say is : I may be an A-hole, at least I'm an honest one...


That's all folks!  See you next time!
Bob out.


Comments