Game 38,5 and 39-ish. Demoing with Masons vs Fish and Morticians vs Fish.

Hello Guild Ballers!


I've been on hollidays with my family and introduced the wonderful game of guild ball to my brother in law, Brecht.  I gave him a demo game 3 vs 3 after explaining about how the general Idea of the teams were and what teams I had available (no hunters or butchers (not painted up), no engineers (I don't have them).  He was drawn towards the fishermen.  I opted to give honour another go.
After the demo game on saterday evening (I won and didn't even try to) we had a full game (with terrain) on monday.

I played: Scalpel - Dirge - Silence - Cosset - Casket - Ghast.
My brother in law played: Shark - Salt - Greyscales - Angel - Kraken - Jac.


I didn't have access to a pc and I didn't take notes so I can't remember much about the game we had.  I do remember he played the fishermen with to much bloodlust in mind and not so much the football game.
I'm not going to go into details (like I do with my other reports) but he made every mistake you can make as a new player.  He charged Salt into my guys to get zero return out of it.  He didn't even use Kraken and Jac to try and give me a beating.  Needless to say I won the game but nothing to brag about here, at least not game wise.  The smile on his face while playing though, that was worth wile! I told him there was a box-set coming out soon and gave him details to the steamforged webstore (link below in the text).   Brecht is not familiar with miniature games but does enjoy the occasional boardgame.

A week went by when I got a message asking if I could order the box-set "Kick off" online, since he couldn't.  I tried to order it (together with pint pot and season 3 player cards - TAKE MY MONEY STEAMFORGED) but was baffled to see there was an error message on my screen:  The box set could not be sent out to our country.  After emailing my local store (the WEC which I'm glad to mention here.  It's such a wonderfull venue to play games!) I put in the order with them and asked to include veteran Spigot for me... (yes, on top of my online order)
Guess in the end he liked the game very much!  I'm pleased with a 'job' well done!

See you soon !!

Bob Out.

Comments

  1. I just wanted to drop a comment in and say thanks for writing this. They are always an enjoyable read and there is far too little written material for me to consume on this game so I'm always glad to see a new post go up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support David. As long as my love for the game is here, I'll be posting new material.

    I'm not the great tactician, or master of the game, so I hope entertaintment is enough for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely is! And it's always good to see what and how other people play. I'm picking up Brewers with the Kick Off box and grabbed everyone but Vet. Spigot at my FLGS yesterday but am way more interested in Esters than Tapper since she's very different than Blackheart who I've been playing for the last few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Tapper, but I always wanted to play more than just one captain. And ever since I know about the S3 changes, I'm not keen on fielding him again soon. Esters is a better all-round captain, I'll get used to her soon enough.
    I love high risk - high reward plays and sometimes set up for a YOLO play. I can get frustrated if it costs me the game, but - like Hannibal on the A-team would say - I love it when a plan comes together...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment