Local Tournament !! Reporting in with the results

Hello Guild Ballers!

I'm here to tell you about how I did in our local tournament.  My heart wasn't really into it for some reason.  As you may have noticed by my lack of posting on my blog here.  Still, I love Guild Ball!  And I'm sorry to keep you waiting (the few of you that come and read this ;-) )



Preparation:

I got up early and drove up to the venue to arrive before opening time.  I started reading the paper and was let in moments later as the TO arrived with one of the shop owners.
I helped a little to set up the tables and greeted old friends from other clubs untill the TO called out for match-ups for round 1:



Game one

( my game 57) vs Christoph Moons : 0 - 12 Brewers vs Alchemists (Smoke)

I fielded Tapper - Scum - Stave - Hooper - Mash - Stoker.
For some reason I wanted to pull of a play with Mash and Stave pushing a model 8" of the board.  I got so drawn into this that I didn't pay attention to what was going on at all on the board elsewhere.  Vet Katalyst was pushed close to the boardedge turn 1, even closer turn 2, but then he got to activate and move out of harms way.  Screwing up what I had set up.  I woke up only to see my positioning of players was dreadfull, I was looking at a football field with nothing but holes in my defense and ate 3 goals in a row.
- - - -

Game two

(my game 58) vs Dries Haemhouts: 4 - 12 Brewers vs Fishermen (Corsair)

I fielded Tapper - Scum - Stave - Hooper - og Spigot - Friday  the original line-up.  I did not want to lose this game!  But I did.  If I remember correctly I spent a lot of INF into killing Corsair, then killed another fishy, only to get outmanouvered ending up looking at a 12 VP on his side...
- - - -

Game three 
(vs 59) Dirk Dewispelaere : 10 - 9 (?) Brewers vs Morticians (Scalpel)
after being clocked out and both losing points this was the score when dice down was called!



I fielded Tapper - Scum - Hooper - Stoker - Friday - Harry the Hat.  Throwing Harry forward to get some extra MP backing him up with Tapper and Hooper and keeping Stoker and Friday on the flanks I was able to keep up with the ever so fast Scalper that was looking for my goalpost every chance she got!  Luck was with me when we both clocked out and I was a head in points.
- - - -

General thoughts about the games I played:


After these three games I've learnt that in S3 Killing the ball is a lot harder than it used to be.

- - - -
As I have lost my guild ball vibe a bit lately my heart wasn't into the tournament at all.  I even offered our pundit to drop out if there were odd numbers of players or if somebody was looking to join in on the fun.

Why am I losing it?  Might as well be the nerves ... since the rusty cup is coming up and I'm nervous to meet my hero's in person.  Jay Finnigan, Chris Hay, Mr Newton and son, the sexy voice of Mr. Rutter...

Will I live up to the expectations they have of me... Do they have any?  Do I even excist in their lives? Do they know of me well enough to flick the lightswitch in their heads?  Doubt creeps up on me and doubt kills all that is good...



On the birght side they had Duvel!!


That's it folks!
See you next time!



Comments