After a long while I have returned...

Hello Guild Ballers

I 'm back with another post.  A Guild Ball post.  And I'm not joking here...

It is nothing but a Guild BALL post...

I've used the sports paper as a protective sheet between my desk and what I'm going to slap onto the ball (the ball is on the left).  Displayed (appart form the ball) is a selection of paints I'm going to use.

Time to base the surface and the ball.


Dryad Bark done, Agrax Earthshade is next for the texture on the ball.

Picture doesn't do the shade much credit... But still, it's on there.  Next layer!  Skrag Brown.


From Skrag Brown to Balor Brown (drybrushing)


Balor Brown is slapped on there (well, brushed with gentle strokes...)  Time to deepen the shade with some carefully applied Nuln Oil.

I also gave the rocks a little nuln oil, but not too much.  Next up: Some  highlighting?  Where does the sun come from?  Let's find out.

A small area on the ball was touched.  Eshin Grey is next for the laces and the base of my rocks.

Now the dirt needs some Grassy feel and the moss side of the stones get hit (opposite of where the sun highlights hit the ball) with WAAAGH Flesh.

The moss on the stones needs to look more dirty, time to get technical with typhus corrosion.

Well, it's on there, even if you don't see it that well in the picture.  Next up is more detail into the rocks!

No it's not wet, it's the actual sun hitting the paintjob...  coming back in with the Eshin Grey.

More Rock to paint with Administratum grey (drybrushing, but a heavy load of it) in the same direction the sun comes from.

Good enough for me.  Let's look at basing this ball...

Ready to sprinkle the fine turf onto the glue.

And repeat in areas where you believe it's needed...

Like under the ball ...

MORE  MORE GLUE  MOOOOOORRRREEEE

But not for the turf.  It's a mixture I got for free from a friend called Herbes of Spring - or Spring Grass.

Looking down upon the result.

The Base can't stay that bright...  Come to the dark side!!  Abaddon Black Dark!

Here, have a look at my clumsy video (used my phone for it, not sure if it is zoomed in ok.)

And for reference, this ball is ment to be played with my unino models:


So that's it for today...

Hope to see you soon, but no promisses... life and Sh*t...

That's all folks!

Bob Out!

Comments