Prepping for a fun game

Hello Guild Ballers!

Today I'm having another Fun game at my local gaming store...

I'm following the fb-posts so these are up next: 

Hammer - Marbles - oHarmony - Granite - Chisel - Lucky...  
4               1              2                  2             2           2
(total INF pool of 13)

Let's see if I can make them work. I think they'll get sliced up by Fillet, but not sure if the butchers are the team that will be fielded against me...


Theory Crafting


Since I'm not that familliar with playing the Masons I'll have a quick read through the cards first.

Hammer
A 5/7 that can become a 7/9 1" melee captain. With, Knockback and Stoic.
momentum early in the playbook and give me that Iron fist for 2 DMG on 1, 3 on 3&4 4 on 5 and 5 on 6.
2/8 kick but can make it 3/8.
18 hitboxes and tough hide.
Feels like a solo -tool me up- kill squad captain...

Marbles
Lose the Go Ape since I'm not playing Brick.
6/8 melee 1 with early Tackle push and 2 DMG doesn't feel like a utility piece at all.
Goad has some options as does loved creature, so Tackle the ball and kick it maybe?
Feels like dead weight without Brick...

oHarmony
No Protected, no Family...
6/8 move with early momentous tackle should be my ball stealer on a 2/6 kick (into space?)
Can get into UM models with acrobatic, tackle and do a weak point if lucky/needed or damage and move out again.
Feels like a winger to go after the ball with - but keep out of harms way with only 10 boxes even at 5 DEF.

Granite
Gut and STring that filet bitch and eat her up! keep her near with tar pit and kill her with hammer!
But she's slow...

Chisel aka the glass canon
2" melee might help against Filet... we'll see

Lucky
Jack of all trades I guess... don't dodge untill Fillet is dead.


Not sure if the team has synergy enough to be played together...  But It's what they pitched me...
That said I think I'll need to keep the guys back untill I can unleash them...

Turn one receiving:

Granite in front of the kicker, after kickoff move her 3" towards the ball and before INF allocation see if she can get the ball and kick it to your team or not.
If Yes, give her the appropriate ammount of INF. (1-2) if left over go 3 for Hammer or Tar Pit...
Place Harmony on one side and Lucky on the other to collect the ball and pass (1-2 INF for jog/sprint and pass).
Waste your activations and set up like this as much as possible.
Granite in Front 4" away from Hammer (last activation), Chisel in the back, Lucky in between the enemy team and your ladies in the back, Marbles blocking any other ways in to your ladies in the back.
Idea is to put the ball on Harmony and activate Lucky last in the turn after he received a pass from her to go and score in Turn 2. (4" dodge after pass, 4" dodge on his ability should get him there)

Not a solid plan, but hey... not a solid team...

Turn one Kicking:

Kick with Granite against a fighty team and run her back.  Set up around your goal, hammer in the middle, chisel in the bubble and harmony too, but outside 4" of other players.  Let them come, and pick them off using Hammer / Chisel / Lucky / Granite, score when you can win with Harmony or if you can no longer protect the ball.

Hang in there ...

Seems like my mind isn't in the game yet... 

I'll be back with a report for you guys after this game...

P.S.  If not Fillet, I might face Morticians, Obulus or Scalpel... Not looking forward to that.


That's all folks


Bob Out.




Theory Crafing😏



d

d

Comments