Game Report - Ratcatchers vs Falconers

Hello Guild Ballers!

I'm back with a match report!  Today I face the most enjoyable Jelle Gyselinck who'll beat you silly in any strategic game whilst drunk, two fingers in the nose no problems what so ever...  Unless it's a dice game and he pissed off the Dice Gods and They use your game for payback on his arse...  He deserves a bit of payback now and then...

But I'm getting side tracked here.  On to the order of the day!  Reporting a game!

Interlude:

Some of you that know me might know I was looking at the butchers guild to play in season four.  Greater forces are at work here that want to keep me away from the meatgrinders guild.  I've lent half of my team to a fellow gamer and a short while past they broke into his appartment.  Guess what they took amongst other things...  Yeah...  So he had just bought butchers for himself and was going to return mine and lost both teams!  He's going to do right by me and get me another team AND get it painted as close as possible as how they were, so thumbs up for that guy! (you know who you are)  As a small token of appreciation towards that attitude I'm giving him my butcher dice.  Not much but I can't afford to give up more...
Why this long intro?  Well to give the guy a mention and to show you the reason why I played ratcatchers.  As things stand I don't feel the pull of any guild in season 4.  I'm reluctant towards going back to Brewers although I still love them very much.  I own every guild so, not feeling the love for any one in particular, I opened up GB SCRUM on my phone (too bad this app didn't make it as the official one, have yet to use GB Manager) and generated a random team through the app.  I got pure ratcatchers as a pick so I rolled with it.  Even though I don't feel confident in playing them yet.
I knew my opponent was going to bring the Falconers and I don't have much experience against them, so I was biting my fingernails in anxiety of getting crushed!

The Report:

Prepping:

I was running late and felt a bit out of it and tired.  We opted not to play on the clock and set up the field for play with longshanks pitch planner. There was a barrier right in front of one of the goals, a forest on the other side of the field, slightly out of the center and two obstacles, one on the other side of the forest and one in the middle towards the edge of the field on the forrest side.
I pulled out my box of ratcatchers and he fielded the six falconers. (With the only two painted models on the field his falconers that can play for Hunters)
We briefly touched on who our players were and what they do and rolled to pick a side.
I received and got the barrier in front of my goal.

The Game:

Ikaros kicked and I wasn't set to keen with that wall he kicked against.  It scattered somewhat to Miasma's side. (Who was third in line from left to right) - I had Piper, Squeak, Miasma, Scourge, Pellage and  Skulk (in that order) spread out with the fighers somewhat closer together in the centre.

My only option was to retrieve the ball and get it out of Ikaros's way by kicking it in open field.  I tried to land a rataclysm on him but failed.
Where I had no Idea how to take on the Falcons, they sure knew not to let Miasma alive for very long.  Some Harriers landed on her and I tried to move her out with reverie from Piper (without giving her the ball - she couldn't score anyway) but it didn't work out that way.  Miasma died.

For turn two I liked how the Falconers were set up.  Rundaas was picking a fight with Scourge and both Minerva and Mataagi were still there, Ikaros didn't get to leave, I had four models to throw Pellage into.  I singled out Rundaas hit twice for damage and dodged out to have all four models in my end of activation pulse.
Falconers tried to get rid of pillage, I was beating down on Rundaas.  He was easier to hit than Pellage and bad dice didn't help out my opponent.  Devana, after using her legendary, left Pellage on 2.  He didn't get any damage buffs since Piper lured away Frelsi, freing up Squeak who actually went in to make a goalkick through reverie and still had to ativate.  At the end of the turn both Scourge and Rundaas died. Setting the score to 4-6 to the ratcatchers.

The goalkick landed behind the wall (that's why you can't see the ball on the pitch)


For turn 3 Miasma threw some lucky rataclysms on 3 models for 18 DMG spread across them 
(Mataagi, Minerva and Rundaas who charged in first activation on Pellage, killing her) The Falconers focused their attention towards Skulk next and moved Ikaros out of range for Scourge.  I corrected that with a charge from Piper on him, pushing him 2" back into Scourge range after kicking the ball to Miasma and then Piper used reverie on her to make her punt the ball in: 6-10 to Ratcatchers.  The roflstomp on Skulk continued and his poised didn't help him out of trouble, so he died - 8-10 and the ball in posession of the Falconers with Ikaros in snap shot range!
I tried to lure my opponent into scoring through the snap shot with impossible odds hoping he'd miss the shot, I was losing the MP race yet again and if he went first turn 4, that would be an easy goal...


Turn 4 was an easy goal for Falconners - ending the game 12 - 10 in their favour...  Mataagi went in on scourge, bounced off him and scored.

Aftermath:

Looking back at the game I was suggested to just take the first turn goal, maybe making it a bit more difficult with Skulk and work my scrum slowly up the field - allowing me to keep Miasma alive for better scrumming. And possibly killing Ikaros for a 4-2 back foot game, killing a model to get even and socring twice after that keeping my players alive.  If I could've pulled it off is another matter... but I'm sure it would've been another game entirely!

That's all folks!

Thanks to Jelle for yet again a wonderful game!

See you next time!

Bob Out.













Comments