GB Scrum and using the randomizer (a finalized unfinished draft, but I hate to waste)

Hello Guild Ballers,

Today I'm going to try and figure out how to make this brewer team work against a hunters team.

I'm playing a very good player in my local game store WEC today, in about 19 hours time. I hope to sleep some 5-6 of them.  But that's beside the point now.

Randomiser:

We both hit the randomizer in the app GB Scrum (I know it's not the offical guild ball app, but I like it)

I got this team: Tapper, Quaff, VDecimate, Mash, Stoker and Lucky.

I told my opponent as much and he told me he'd use the app in the same way.  I bet he didn't select 'any guild' since he doesn't own them all but still, he randomized a Hunters team.

This is what the app came up with for him: Theron, Fahad, Chaska, Seena, Minerva, Zarola.

When I look at this brewer team I'm supposed to pilot here's what I see: very little goal threat, a semi-good bruising team and an ok pushing team.


Prepping:

Lets look at the Stats I'm dealing with here: 
Melee wise this team is split right in half 3 models with 2" reach, 3 with only 1". Movement is kinda slow 3 models have a 4" Jog, one has a 5 and 2 have 6, sprinting isn't that much better; one 6", two 7" and three 8" sprints.  All combined in order of threat range (not counting any plays) We have VDecimate in the lead with a standard 10" threat.  Tapper, Lucky and Quaff follow with a 9" threat, Stoker and Mash both get to 8".
All low defense stats so the hunter plays are going to hit like a train.  That means that wherever that harrier lands (that Minerva brings) the bear is hugging for 5 dmg!  If I'm snared that's 6. And with an eye spy that bear gets a TAC of 9 without crowding out!

 A 3-6 kick stat. across the board appart from the dog/mascotte, who's worse and Mash that can make himself better.

The way I see it, as soon as I'm able I need to push the bear away from my team, preferably off the board on my side of the pitch so if he comes back on, Zarola 'll need to go and help him out before he comes back into the game.  Can you imagine vDecimate putting a KD Stagger on him, to run off and kick somebody else?  Suppose Mash charges in and gets 8-9 hits, it could happen...  That's a double howzatt! 8" push! should get him off the board!  I might need that Marked target more often than I'm imagening.

I'm getting in over my head, I'm sleepy...  I need to stop doing this...  Let's take a break and come back with the results eh?

The Game:


Coming back to this post as it was written quite a while ago I don't remember much of the game itself other than:

  • I lost.
  • I had a good feeling about the game untill after turn 2
  • Mash didn't do much for me
  • Hunters kept me on the back foot.
I remember thinking I should kill the ball.  But then Hunters put pressure on me both ways...  Brewers couldn't deal with it.

I think I remember hitting the 'random button again and setting up an entire different Guild than what I was mesmerizing about above.  From what I recall this was the team I actually played: Esters, Quaff, Stave, PintPot, OSpigot, Mash.

It all was sunshine and drinks for everybody untill my scrumming machine got messed up.  Stave was used for farming MP (duh) and I was having difficulty (even with Esters Aria) to get some (story of my life).

So yeah, Brewers in S4 so far: MEH

The Aftermath:

As of today I'm looking into playing another guild.  I started a poll on my local community page for what guild they think I should play.  It's still ongoing, but right now, Engineers are in the lead.

That's all for now folks.

Bob Out.








Comments